Fleece Flower Tote - great bag for "green shopping"... Can be used for veggies, groceries, or any kind of shopping... A great gift for ANYONE! Stay tuned to our blog for a finished-project picture and pictorial step by step instructions on Thursday, Sept. 22. That will give you a couple days to round up your supplies!
Here's what you will need: (All things are easily obtained from your local JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby)
- 1- canvas tote bag (preferably black, but any color will work- JoAnn has these for a reasonable price)
- Fleece fabric remnants size 8 x 10 inches (felt pieces will also work) Select different colors -You will need 9 or 10 pieces.
- 1/4 yard cotton fabric: plaid or stripe would work well.
- 6 colorful buttons (go ahead and use some old buttons - great way to re-purpose them!)
- 8 x 10 piece of "Heat and Bond" iron-on adhesive. (There are different brands of iron-on adhesive that you can purchase...my recommendation is "Heat and Bond" because that works the best for me. I've never been satisfied with the other products)
- Basic sewing supplies (needle, thread, iron, pressing surface)