Tuesday, September 6, 2011

We just returned home from our road trip to Michigan.  It was a wonderful visit!  I'm so thankful for the opportunity to see some family and to spend some gentle days on the shore of Lake Huron.  I become more and more conscious of the need for us to get out into nature to allow our inner spirit the opportunity to commune with God.  I had a couple of opportunities to walk the shoreline with the water gently lapping over my bare feet.  The sun's rays shining through an opening in the clouds in the blue sky reminded me again of how important it is for us to "go to a quiet place" for prayer.  Several people I care about have been going through some times of suffering.  I could sense God's spirit gently listening to my pleas for their wellbeing.  Now, being back at home with my early morning walks and my opportunity to spend time working on my creative projects, I feel deeply grateful for my many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment